Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Heads up: Forced break from blogging

Hi guys!

You might have noticed it has already been a while since my last post. This is because I had a little accident where I injured my finger by slamming it in a door. What happened is I was holding a big strong dog by a leash, and the poor pup got scared by something and tried to run away. It basically dragged me through an open door and in a reflex, I held onto the door post to stop myself... just as a gust of wind blew the door shut.

I will spare you the really gross details, but the nail on my left ring finger, which is my swatching hand, is completely black. It is feeling much better at the moment (almost no pain anymore!), but I had to go to the doctor who made a hole in the nail in order to drain it, so now I can't paint it. The doctor also told me there is still a chance my nail could fall off somewhere over the next couple of weeks. Nooo! :(

One of the things I like about blogging is providing my readers with good quality swatches and pictures of nail polishes, and I am a perfectionist when it comes to that. I don't want to show you my busted up nail and a bandaid in the picture would look weird. I also don't want to have to Photoshop it! I tried taking pictures of my right hand instead, but unfortunately, they just didn't turn out right. I don't want to post pictures I am unhappy with, so for now it is probably better if I take a forced break until my nail either healed, or fallen off and regrown, haha... both of which will probably take a while. Maybe I'll find some other things to post in the mean time. We'll see!

Alright, thank you for reading this, and I'll hopefully see you guys soon! Take care.

3 comments:

  1. I hope your finger don't fall off, and I wish you the best of recovery.
    Take this time away from blogging and focus about you, and be happy.

    Best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the nail doesn't fall off! (I lost a thumb nail as a kid and it never really grew back in right) Take the forced break and notebook some awesome ideas for when you do return! We'll be patiently waiting! :) And, hey, you could always get a few guest bloggers up in here while you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your finger doesn't fall off and wishing your finger a good recovery!

    ReplyDelete